Deaf-Blind Immersion Experience
Hosted by NCDB (National Center on Deaf-Blindness)
Presenter: Michael Richards, Coordinator of the HKNC Deaf-Blind Immersion Experience
Date: October 9, 2019
Time: 3 pm Eastern Time
Length: 60 minutes
This webinar will provide participants with an overview of the Deaf-Blind Immersion Experience (DBIE) assessment and training program at the Helen Keller National Center. It will cover:
- The philosophy behind the program and how it is conducted
- How person-centered planning contributes to finding out what works best for each individual and their team
- How Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) are infused into DBIE
- How to apply what is learned during the program
- Be able to explain how DBIE could benefit their family member or individual they support
- Be introduced to the DBIE Coordinator, who can further assist them if they are interested in participating
Prior to the meeting
Prior to the meeting, please run this meeting test and follow any instructions as needed. If you have difficulties, see our Adobe Connect Advanced Help page.
On the day of the meeting
Connect your browser to http://hknc.adobeconnect.com/ncdb/
On the NCDB Webinar page, enter your first and last names in the Name box, and click the Enter Room button.
Phone connection information will be posted in the room.
For details on participating by phone only, contact Robbin Bull.
If you fail to connect to the webinar using the link above, try one of two things: (a) use this alternate link or (b) try a different browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. If you still have trouble connecting, see our Adobe Connect Advanced Help page.
A pop-up box might prompt you to open and/or install an Adobe Connect Add-In.
This meeting will be recorded and captioned. If you miss the meeting you can find the recorded materials in our archived webinars list.